Analyst, Hotel Accounting
|Post Name||Analyst, Hotel Accounting|
|Qualification||BA/BSc/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related area|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 2200 To GBP 2500 Per Month|
|Location||Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom G2 2LD|
If you appreciate the impact global travel can have on the world, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Hilton Team Member. Because it’s with Hilton where we never forget the reason we’re here: to delight our guests, Team Members, and owners alike. Recently named the #1 company to work for in the U.K. by Great Places to Work, Hilton is one of the largest and fastest growing hospitality companies in the world, with more than 7,000 properties and over 1 million rooms in 119 countries and territories.
In the 102 years since our founding, we have defined the hospitality industry and established a portfolio of 18 world-class brands, including our flagship Hilton Hotels & Resorts brand, which is the most recognized hotel brand in the world. We have more than 118 million members in our award-winning customer loyalty program, Hilton Honors.
Under the guidance of the Manager of Hotel Accounting, the post holder will be responsible for the delivery of Hotel Accounting processes to agreed timetables and Service Level Agreements.
The Analyst will ensure Hilton’s Centre of Excellence offers a seamless, efficient, and customer-focused experience that maximizes output without compromising the quality of service. The ability to recognize how to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness is considered essential.
The Analyst will work with the team to support the delivery of change programs, which will involve maximizing the benefits available to best-in-class service.
The post holder will participate and play a part in engendering a sense of empowerment in the pursuit of first-class service, supporting the delivery of Hotel Accounting strategies and team activities on a day-to-day basis.
This will require meticulous attention to detail, and the ability to understand and interpret business metrics within the Accounting arena and make recommendations where appropriate. They will also support the review of Hotel Accounting Service Level Agreements (SLAs), assisting with the refinement and ongoing monitoring of these to ensure that agreed service delivery metrics are met or exceeded.
Key to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and influence at various levels, both internally and with external stakeholders. Experience in participating in projects and the ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and deliver to tight deadlines are considered essential elements of this role.
Specific Job Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work with limited supervision, use own initiative with a ‘can-do’ approach, thrive under pressure in a fast-paced environment, being able to handle multiple demands, and appropriately prioritize responsibilities
- Solid understanding of accounting principles and GAAP
- Good technical skills and exposure to general ledger accounting and reconciliations
- Ability to use multiple systems and understand how they link together, provide training and support to other team members, and identify and report on issues occurring
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, critical thinking, quantitative & qualitative analytical skills, and decision-making skills to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions and to provide recommendations for optimal solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, managers, and clients with well-developed written and verbal communication and comprehension skills
- Good knowledge of finance modules of an ERP system such as SAP, Oracle, PeopleSoft
- Ability to identify financial issues, recommend and execute mitigating actions
- Previous experience of working within a Finance environment
- Hospitality industry experience
- Degree in Accountancy
What are we looking for?
To fulfill this role successfully, you must possess the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- BA/BSc/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in a related area
It would be advantageous in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
- Relevant level of work experience in an accounting area
- Commencing/or commenced studies in a recognized accounting body or qualification