Southend Airport Jobs, We are searching for an attentive air traffic controller who excels at multitasking under stress. The air traffic controller will maintain communications with aircraft and other air traffic centers, monitor changes in weather conditions, wind, and visibility, and provide instructions to pilots regarding runway availability and clearance for takeoff or landing.
To succeed as an air traffic controller, you should be focused on ensuring the safety of aircraft and travelers as they enter and exit your airspace. You should be detail-oriented, decisive, and responsive. You should be alert and focused with strong communication skills.
Air traffic controllers use technology to monitor and communicate potential hazards and other helpful information to pilots in an effort to minimize delays and ensure the safety of travelers. They monitor and report changes in wind and weather, provide takeoff and landing instructions, and help regulate activity on the ground and in their designated airspace.
|Hiring Organization||London Southend Airport|
|Post Name||Air Traffic Control Assistant|
|Qualification||High school diploma or equivalent|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 20600 Per Year|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom SW1A 1AA|
We owe our creation to the First World War when The War Office listed the site as a potential landing ground in the first flight taken by Flight Sub Lieutenant A.W. Robinson in a Bleriot aircraft in an unsuccessful attempt to intercept a German Army Zeppelin. The Royal Naval Air Service and Royal Flying Corps both used Southend as a base during the Great War.
During the Second World War, Southend Airport was used by the Air Ministry and all civilian flights were halted. The airport renamed RAF Rochford, was home to fighter squadrons and talented servicemen and women of all nationalities. After the war ended, Southend Council took over the airport once again, with scheduled services to the Channel Islands and Ostend.
By the mid-s air traffic went into decline, although BAF and, later, Air UK ran scheduled services to European destinations and the Channel Islands. As scheduled flights declined, engineering and maintenance became an important part of the airport’s business.
- Maintaining communication with other air traffic control centers, pilots, and airport staff members to ensure safety, relate estimated arrival times, and prevent or respond to emergency situations.
- Inspecting, repairing, and utilizing maps, reports, radios, telephones, computers, radar, and other technologies to monitor, analyze, and adapt to changes in conditions.
- Alert response teams in the event of safety concerns or emergencies.
- Assisting in searches for missing aircraft.
- Compiling and analyzing data and reports
Skills & Requirements
- A combination of more education or experience may be preferred.
- Successful completion of training programs.
- Additional certifications may be required.
- Exceptional communication and decision-making skills.
- Familiarity with technology, including radio and computer equipment.
- Attention to detail and ability to maintain thorough and accurate records.
- Strong task and time management skills.
- Ability to analyze information and draw conclusions.
- Cycle to Work
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Employee Forums
- Life Assurance
- Save As You Earn Scheme
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Southend Airport Jobs“.