|Post Name||Carrier Manager|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, Statistics|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||AED 5000 To AED 6000 Per Month|
|Location||Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000|
Amazon’s expanding its Global Mile team and we are looking for candidates who are passionate about the international environment and have experience in the world of International Logistics and program management for freight and MENA free zones.
As part of the Global Mile team, you can operate in new territories and implement and manage new and innovative ways of managing B2B Cross-Border air and ocean shipments into MENA. This team will always obsess about faster, cheaper, and more secured cross-border shipments. The Carrier Manager will mainly be responsible for Global Store inbound shipping operations and document compliance.
They will need to lead daily activities and own performance matrix and deal with escalations pertaining to shipment status from WW origin locations to MENA Amazon Fulfillment Centers.
This Carrier manager needs to be a team player that manages cross border operations, foster strong and positive team spirit, and develop team capability to deliver outstanding performance. They will own LSP shipments operations KPI and metrics, proactively manage overall LSP performance, and identify and drive cost reduction opportunities for B2B freight operations via improved LSP efficiency and reduced ad hoc charges.
Carrier performance on agreed cross-border Carrier-related KPIs and SLAs from WW origin to MENA FCs. The Specialist facilitates the flow of information between different stakeholders (Carriers/Hubs/Warehouses/Amazon Stakeholders) and proactively resolves any potential issues that impact customer/vendor/seller experience and delivery performance by conducting problem analysis, researching & querying internal tools, making prompt judgment and through effective communication with the stakeholders.
Propose, manage, participate and implement global or local continuous improvement initiatives as well as stepped improvements.
As a shared service to provide a centralized data analysis and support GS imports into MENA, this specialist will be able to convert data into actionable business insights for the country’s operations teams. They are an analysis expert who leverages a variety of data platforms and analytical tools to provide timely, meaningful, and consumable information. They ensure data quality and build scalable tools. They communicate findings with the most effective and influential methods.
• Review document compliance for free zone clearance and work with FC and Trade compliance teams to make required amendments.
Key job responsibilities
• Manage day-to-day operations and LSP performance.
• Manage daily queries and requests from Carriers and Internal Stakeholders leveraging internal tools and resources. Escalate to Amazon internal stakeholders as necessary.
• Identify any trend that are impacting or potentially impacts shipments performance, deep dive, and drive improvements in partnership with the Global Mile Origin team and LSP.
• Prepare weekly/monthly reports on Carrier related KPI metrics, analyze, identify outliers and engage with carriers to identify the cause.
• Provide volume forecast to carriers during peak season.
• Document and measure standard work within the country and between trading lanes to improve reliability and predictability and performance measurement.
• Work with FC and Trade compliance on FTZ documentation and required amendments.
• Work with Retail teams to define the best output based on expressed stakeholder needs.
• Have in-depth knowledge of the data available in the area of expertise.
• Derive actionable recommendations from the analysis that impact a process or team
• Convert data to make it analysis-ready through basic descriptive, aggregations, and pivots.
• Implement data visualization or communication tools (e.g., metrics dashboards, decks, flashes)
• Communicate clearly to stakeholders on project requirements and status.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Operations Research, Math, Statistics.
• 5+ years experience in freight forwarding.
• 5+ years experience in managing freight into UAE-free zones.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills, particularly Excel and analytical platforms
• Experience in developing requirements and formulating business metrics for reporting, familiarity with data visualization tools, e.g. Tableau
• Analytical horsepower to break down complex problems, and a strong will to get things done and deliver results
• Ability to display complex quantitative data in a simple, intuitive format and to present findings in a clear and concise manner
• Superior verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively with multiple teams and external organizations
• Excellent organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of stakeholders.
PMP/Six sigma certification
Relevant experience in a business analyst, data analyst or statistical analysis role
Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)