Bus Driver Jobs London, Bus drivers are a group of skilled drivers in the transportation industry. Bus drivers can have a wide range of employers. They can be employed or contracted by schools, car rental companies, airports, malls, municipalities, and many many others.
The primary role of a Bus Drive is to transport people and cargo from one place to another. Often Bus drivers are assigned routes to follow daily. Depending on the size and location, Bus drivers are required to obtain various licensing and certifications.
While there are no education requirements for being a Bus Driver, most employers will require a High School Diploma. As well as a valid driver’s license, there are additional classifications of licensing needed depending on the weight and type of vehicle. Smaller buses only require a class C driver’s License.
|Post Name||Bus Driver|
|Qualification||Some College (preferred)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 9 To GBP 11 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom NW2 6JP|
Metroline was formed in as a subsidiary of the publicly owned London Buses Limited. This was a prelude to the deregulation of bus services in London and the eventual privatization of the company. Plans for deregulation were shelved.
Every day we strive to meet our passengers’ expectations, be it through excellent customer service, a clean and presentable vehicle or simply getting you to your destination on time. Metroline employs over 5000 people; almost 4500 of these are drivers, with a team of over 250 engineers.
Metroline operates 15 garages across London (some are over 100 years old) from Cricklewood (Head Office), Edgware, Willesden, Willesden Junction, Holloway, Harrow Weald, Kings Cross, West Perivale, Brentford, Uxbridge, Alperton, Lampton, Greenford, Potters Bar, and Perivale.
- Perform beginning-shift vehicle inspections before departure
- Complete bus route on schedule while stopping at all stops
- Assist the disabled and elderly with embarking and disembarking
- Help with stowing luggage and bicycles
- Safely transport goods and passengers
- Report all mechanical issues to the service manager immediately
- Obey all traffic laws
- Maintain a clean and sanitary bus at all times
Skills & Requirements
- Some College (preferred)
- 6+ years driving on the road
- A valid driver’s License
- A valid CDL (preferred)
- Air Brake certification (preferred)
- Less than 3 points on your license
- Able to occasionally lift 50 lbs
- 20/20 vision with or without glasses or contacts
- Willingness to submit to random drug screening
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Rental Insurance.
- Sick Leave.
- Vacation Time.
- And More.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Bus Driver Jobs London”.