|Hiring Organization||Signet Jewelers|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 22 To CAD 24 Per Hour|
|Location||Markham, Ontario, Canada L3P 0A1|
Signet Jewelers is the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry, operating more than 2,800 stores worldwide under the iconic brands: Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples, Piercing Pagoda, Rocksbox, and JamesAllen.com.
We are a people-first company and this core value is at the heart of everything we do, from empowering our valued team members, to collaborating with our customers, to fostering the communities in which we live and serve.
People – and the love their actions inspire – are what drive us. We’re not only proud of the love we inspire outside our walls, but we’re also especially proud of the diversity, inclusion, and equity we’re inspiring inside. There are dynamic career paths awaiting you – rewarding opportunities to impact the lives of others and inspire love. Join us!
WHO WE ARE:
We are the world’s largest retailer of diamond jewelry and the world’s largest specialty jewelry retailer, with market share in the U.S., UK, and Canada. Signet operates approximately stores globally, under the brand names Kay Jewelers, Zales, Jared, H.Samuel, Ernest Jones, Peoples Jewellers, Banter by Piercing Pagoda, JamesAllen.com, and Rocksbox!
ALL ARE WELCOME HERE:
Signet is a people-first company – this means that we put our customers and our employees at the center of everything we do. Our culture celebrates diversity and inclusion while uniting around a common mission and distinct privilege of helping.
Our customers Celebrate Life and Express Love®. We strive to make sure that our employees have professional, personal, and social development opportunities to unleash their full potential and have equal opportunities for advancement.
Regardless of their gender, race, sexuality, or any other aspect of their background. At Signet, we nurture an inclusive environment where employees feel safe, supported, and empowered at work each day.
We do not and will not tolerate any behavior that undermines this effort. This position is responsible for the Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, and Cash (assets) of various jewelry production and repair streams. They will manage up to 40 non-exempt persons.
A fast-paced, challenging manufacturing environment…with frequent HR and Customer interactions. Responsible for production requirements of k repairs and improvements to get to the growth target of 160k units annually.
- Collaborate with the Leadership Team to hire, train, develop, motivate and serve production personnel in a safe and productive manner, meeting high-quality standards and following approved business processes and policies.
- Provide leadership and commitment in support of continuing improvements in safety, quality, delivery, productivity, and cash flow performance to a very diverse, skilled, and unskilled, workforce.
- Responsible for adhering to and enforcing security procedures relative to annual inventory valuation exceeding $M.
- Conduct formal performance management reviews for all direct reports; provide periodic and structured performance feedback; identify performance gaps and manage development and/or corrective action plans.
- Collaborate with outside Signet teams and potential customers.
Performs additional duties and projects as assigned. Consistent regular scheduled attendance is considered an essential function of this job.
Education Required: Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
Jewelry repair/build or small product production. Working knowledge of metalsmithing techniques and understanding of manufacturing best practices – are preferred.
Years of Job-Related Experience Required: 3-5 years of previous Supervision experience in a manufacturing or production environment.