|Hiring Organization||Cross Keys Homes|
|Post Name||Care Worker|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 11 To GBP 12 Per Hour|
|Location||Peterborough, England, United Kingdom PE1 1DH|
About the role:
Can you provide comfort and reassurance when it matters the most? Cross Keys Care are seeking warm and dedicated care workers in the Peterborough area to support people in their own homes. This is a permanent role with contracted hours to suit your needs. Full-time or part-time. We work within a 5-mile radius of the Peterborough city center.
No experience is needed. We are more about you sharing and demonstrating our values. You don’t need to have previous experience in care to be successful in this role, as full training will be provided.
We are looking for people who want:
- Full-time or part-time contracted hours
- Mornings, evenings, weekends, or even school hours
- We will accommodate any hours to suit your preferences, whether it be 1 hour to full-time hours per week
- We can also offer a zero-hour contract that gives you a lot of flexibility around your family commitments
We are looking for people who drive and have their own vehicle, people who walk or have access to a bike, and even people who are willing to drive a moped, which we will provide.
What is domiciliary care?
Domiciliary care is providing extra support to people who live independently in their own homes. This could include household tasks, personal care, social calls, and other tasks required, which allow people to maintain both their independence and quality of life.
- Personal care includes washing, dressing, bathing, toileting, and medication monitoring and/or assistance
- Social and shopping calls
- Meal preparation
- To provide the highest quality care to service users in their own homes in accordance with their support plan, in a person-centered approach
- To be aware of the personal needs and requirements of your service users, communicating successfully, not only with your service user, their family, friends, and other healthcare professionals
- Maintain appropriate records to meet the needs of the service, observing and promptly reporting back any changes or concerns in your service user’s circumstances or condition
This is an excellent opportunity to work for an organization that really values its employees.
- Competitive hourly rate, £11.98 per hour Monday to Friday & £12.46 per hour bank holidays and weekends
- 45p per mile for travel expenses
- Full training is given leading to a Certificate in Care
- Free uniform, mobile phone, PPE equipment, and a DBS check
- 28 days paid holidays inclusive of bank holidays. Plus, an extra day per year for every extra year worked. Capped at 5 extra days
- £250 Refer a friend scheme
- Complete care certificate within a 1-month period
- A great pension scheme; CKH will double employees’ contributions up to a maximum of 10%. SHPS members will also benefit from Life Cover in the event of death in service. (T&C applies)
- CKH rewards benefit platform. Access to instant vouchers, cashback, and reloadable gift card
- Employee Assistance Programme. 24-hour free counseling and legal advice
- CKH employees who have successfully passed their probationary period will be eligible to sign up for Westfield Health, which is a completely free service that gives you access to a range of health cash benefits and services. You will receive money back on a range of essential healthcare including new glasses, contact lenses, dental treatment, and physiotherapy. If you have dependent children, they will also be covered on certain benefits up to the age of 22.
A commercial business with a social heart, our vision is to create opportunities that change lives through our drive, expertise, resources, and passion. Our dynamic approach has made us one of the region’s leading providers of affordable homes for rent and sale.
Developing new homes across Cambridgeshire and Peterborough, and the surrounding area, we’re committed to increasing the supply of affordable homes in the communities where they are needed most. Agility and innovation are central to our approach to adapting to change, and we’ll continue to grow our business in today’s fast-paced operating environment.
There’s more to building communities than building houses. In addition to providing quality homes and delivering excellent landlord services, we also provide care at home and at our two extra care communities in Peterborough as well as around-the-clock support through our LifeLine personal alarm service.
Our community investment program sees us working with specialist partners to bring a range of employment, wellbeing, and family-friendly services to the heart of our communities, with a rapidly expanding digital support offer too.
Putting People First
Our Care Workers are fabulous! Every day they are out and about in our communities or schemes visiting vulnerable people in their own homes and supporting them to live independent lives. This could mean delivering personal care, helping with medication, preparing meals, or providing a social call – no two days are the same!
Can you be part of our fabulous team? If so, we want you to join our team. You don’t need care experience, just a willingness to learn, a passion to help others, and a friendly smile! We’ll provide all the training you need to deliver the excellent, award-winning service our customers expect from us.