Jobs in Calgary, We are looking to hire a data analyst to join our data team. You will take responsibility for managing our master data set, developing reports, and troubleshooting data issues.
To do well in this role you need a very fine eye for detail, experience as a data analyst, and a deep understanding of the popular data analysis tools and databases. We are looking for a passionate certified Data Analyst.
The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight, and insight into business decisions. Develop data processing pipelines for analysis, modeling, and reporting with SQL, and Spark.
|Hiring Organization||The City of Calgary|
|Post Name||Data Analyst|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 31 To CAD 34 Per Hour|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 2M5|
Calgary is one of the most liveable cities on the planet. We have an excellent quality of life, low taxes, and terrific access to nature on our back doorstep. The City of Calgary is part of that success story; we’re thousands of Calgarians serving the city we live in, the city we love.
We’re building Calgary’s future by making smart changes today. Calgary is a place where people come to collaborate, cooperate, and build together towards a better life.
- Managing master data, including creation, updates, and deletion.
- Managing users and user roles.
- Provide quality assurance of imported data, working with quality assurance analysts if necessary.
- Commissioning and decommissioning of data sets.
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines.
- Helping develop reports and analyses.
- Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Generating reports from single or multiple systems.
- Troubleshooting the reporting database environment and reports.
- Evaluating changes and updates to source production systems.
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards.
- Providing technical expertise in data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing.
Skills & Requirements
- University degree in a quantitative discipline like computer science, machine learning, and math/statistics.
- Good knowledge of statistical analysis (probabilities, hypothesis testing, multivariate analysis, time series analysis).
- Familiar with database operations, e.g. SQL, and visualization tools, e.g. Tableau.
- Familiar with at least one programming language, e.g. Python, Java, C++, Scala.
- Background in data mining or machine learning is a plus
- Experience with massive data processing via Hadoop / Spark is a plus.
- Personalize the customer experience.
- Inform business decision-making.
- Streamline operations.
- Mitigate risk and handle setbacks.
- Enhance security.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Jobs in Calgary”.