Publishing Jobs London, We have an exciting job opportunity for a motivated editorial assistant to join our talented, in-house editorial team. As an editorial assistant, you will be performing tasks such as reviewing manuscripts to identify punctuation and grammatical errors, planning and managing the monthly publication schedule and verifying facts.
To be a successful editorial assistant, you will need to demonstrate an excellent command of the English language, with superb verbal and written communication skills. The ideal candidate must also have proven experience working in a publication and/or communications environment.
Typically employed in magazine and book publication businesses, Editorial assistants’ responsibilities combine editorial and administrative tasks, such as scheduling meetings, reviewing manuscripts for any errors, and planning publication deadlines.
|Hiring Organization||Taylor & Francis Group Ltd|
|Post Name||Editorial Assistant|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or a related field.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 1500 To GBP 2000 Per Month|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC4A 1AG|
Taylor & Francis was founded in London, but its roots extend when Richard Taylor launched the Philosophical Magazine, one of the first scientific journals produced by an independent company. It was the start of many subsequent close collaborations with scholarly societies.
Routledge was founded in London and became successful as a publisher of fiction geared towards railway travelers. At the beginning of the 20th Century, it began focussing more closely on academic and scholarly publishing. Routledge is considered to be the leading English-language publisher of social sciences and humanities.
Taylor & Francis acquired Routledge and the merged company became one of the top five research publishers globally. CRC Press was acquired. CRC Press had its beginning in the Chemical Rubber Company which was founded in Cleveland, Ohio (USA) as a purveyor of rubber laboratory aprons which then expanded to include equipment for chemical laboratories. CRC Press is best known for titles in engineering, materials science, and mathematics, but also publishes computer science, business, and criminal science titles.
- Working alongside the editor to plan, implement, and manage the publication schedule.
- Meeting with writers and agents to discuss the editorial and publication process.
- Proofread manuscripts to identify any grammatical and spelling errors.
- Researching facts and new features to maintain accuracy.
- Collaborating with various departments to ensure a smooth publication schedule.
- Performing all administrative duties, such as answering the telephone, replying to emails, and setting up meetings.
- Reviewing layouts and designs for publication covers.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or a related field.
- Proven work experience in a similar role.
- Strong command of the English language.
- In-depth knowledge of the publication process and best practices.
- A team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Hiring a Personal Assistant to Free Up Time.
- Delegating to a PA Develops Management Skills.
- Flexible Personal Assistant Availability.
- Access to a Broad Range of Skills and Experience.
- Improved Admin Capacity.
- Delegating Everyday Tasks.
- Balancing Your Work and Personal Life.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Publishing Jobs London”.