Publishing Jobs London, We have an exciting job opportunity for a motivated editorial assistant to join our talented, in-house editorial team. As an editorial assistant, you will be performing tasks such as reviewing manuscripts to identify punctuation and grammatical errors.
Planning and managing the monthly publication schedule and verifying facts. To be a successful editorial assistant, you will need to demonstrate an excellent command of the English language, with superb verbal and written communication skills.
The ideal candidate must also have proven experience working in a publication and/or communications environment. Editorial assistants report to an editor and help plan, manage, and implement publication schedules. Typically employed in magazine and book publication businesses.
|Hiring Organization||SAGE Publishing|
|Post Name||Editorial Assistant|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or a related field.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 2000 To GBP 2500 Per Month|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC1Y 1SP|
A 24-year-old Sara Miller founded SAGE Publishing with the belief that social science research can and must play an important role in shaping society. With $500 in start-up capital, a one-room office in New York City.
And the mentorship of her future husband George McCune, Sara started the company’s first journal—the first of what now numbers more than 1000. The new company, named after its founders, Sara and George moved to Southern California, and within its first decade had established an office in London, the start of SAGE’s international presence.
SAGE has been part of the global academic community supporting quality research that transforms society and our understanding of individuals, groups, and cultures. We are committed to working together with our publishing partners and scholarly community to support their growing needs and the dissemination of their pivotal research.
- Working alongside the editor to plan, implement, and manage the publication schedule.
- Meeting with writers and agents to discuss the editorial and publication process.
- Proofread manuscripts to identify any grammatical and spelling errors.
- Research facts and new features to maintain accuracy.
- Collaborating with various departments to ensure a smooth publication schedule.
- Performing all administrative duties, such as answering the telephone, replying to emails, and setting up meetings.
- Review layouts and designs for publication covers.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications, or a related field.
- Proven work experience in a similar role.
- Strong command of the English language.
- In-depth knowledge of the publication process and best practices.
- A team player with exceptional communication skills.
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure.
- Greater familiarity with ongoing research in your field.
- Credit for “service” within your department institution.
- Greater visibility within your research community.
- In some cases, monetary compensation (some editor positions are paid, some are unpaid)
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Publishing Jobs London”.