Project Manager – Fire Safety Programme
|Hiring Organization||UPP Ltd|
Project Manager – Fire Safety Programme
|Qualification||Any Graduate, Post Graduate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 5000 To GBP 7000 Per Month|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC4R 9AB|
UPP currently has an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our team. This is a permanent full-time position working hours per week. UPP is the UK’s leading provider of on-campus.
Residential and academic accommodation infrastructure. operating over rooms in partnership with world-leading universities. This is an exciting time to join our business following a strategy refresh to deliver on our mission to be.
The partner of choice to universities across the UK. We have an opportunity for a Project Manager to lead our overall Fire Safety Project across our Residential services business. This is a London-based role with national travel required.
Reporting To The Senior Operations Director, The FSP Project Manager’s Key Responsibilities Will Include:
- Lead a team of trained UPP fire door and fire stopping supervisors and supporting joiners, to deliver remediation works on a predefined risk-based approach.
- Support the delivery of the FSP Project, providing input and direction to facilitate the success of the project, maintaining focus on the safety of occupants at all stages of the project.
- Lead on the scheduling and delivery of all passive fire protection surveys and façade surveys with competent third parties.
- Support the FSP Project and project leads, as required, to deliver the agreed objectives for each financial year;
- Monitor project works at each site, evaluating the quality of workmanship against industry standards and UPP policies and procedures;
- Protect the safety of occupants at each site where project works are being undertaken, working with the respective Managers and their service team to protect the student experience.
- Provide support to the project controls team in project scheduling, progress reporting, risk & issue tracking, budget management, and compliance of work.
We Are Looking For An Experienced And Passionate Project Manager With:
- Industry qualifications in Passive Fire Protection, such as IFE Level 2 Certificate in Passive Fire Protection or better. Similar industry qualifications could be accepted.
- Ability to interact in a professional manner with appointed consultants, universities, and construction partners.
- Excellent reporting skills in respect of progress, budget, quality, compliance, and risk progress.
- Strong understanding of risk identification and management.
- Understanding of project documents including but not limited to contracts, insurances, and warranties, to support the delivery of the procurement activities the role will be required to undertake.
- Pragmatic thinking and proactive attitude, with good problem-solving skills.
- Understanding of the importance of document management.
- Understanding of the impact of construction quality on the ability of our FM partner to deliver their facilities management services.
What We Offer
In return, we are offering a competitive salary and a great benefits package including private health insurance, discretionary 20% bonus, cycle to work scheme, pension, life assurance, store discounts, 29 days holiday plus bank holidays, and many other perks.
A Bit About Us
UPP Ltd is the UK’s leading provider of on-campus residential and academic accommodation infrastructure, operating over 36,000 rooms in partnership with 15 world-leading universities.
This is an exciting time to join our business following a strategy refresh to deliver on our mission to be the partner of choice in delivering infrastructure and asset management services to universities across the UK.
We are an inclusive, flexible, and supportive employer who is committed to investing in our people through training and development; and we are proud this is recognized through our Investors in People Gold award.