Auckland Art Gallery Jobs, A Gallery Attendant is a part-time, non-exempt member of the Contemporary Arts Museum Houston’s staff. A critical member of the Museum’s protective staff, the position has as its primary responsibility the safety and security of works of art on view in the Museum.
A Gallery Attendant represents the Museum to its visitors both assuring the safety and
security of works of art and as an occasional relief contact at the Museum’s Visitor Information Desk. A Gallery Attendant shares a flexible schedule with others on the Gallery Attendant staff that is based around the Museum’s regular public hours, including evenings and weekends.
A Gallery Attendant will also be assigned duty during private events that occur outside regular public hours. The uniformed employee has a significant role at the institution and
represents the Museum and its mission to the general public.
|Hiring Organization||Auckland Art Gallery Toi o Tāmaki|
|Post Name||Gallery Attendant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NZD 40000 To NZD 45000 Per Year|
|Location||Auckland, New Zealand 1010|
Auckland Art Gallery is a cultural leader in Aotearoa New Zealand. Our purpose is to be a place for art and a catalyst for ideas. We offer experiences that strengthen and enrich our communities, and we value collaboration and dialogue.
Audiences are at the heart of all our activities, which extend out from the Gallery’s home in the arts and learning precinct of Auckland’s central city. We provide visitors with fresh ways to think about art and participate in creativity. Expand your cultural horizons through our remarkable collection and by experiencing our temporary exhibitions.
Our collection and loan collections currently number more than 17,000 artworks. Together, they include major holdings of New Zealand historic, modern and contemporary art. Alongside outstanding works by Māori and Pacific artists, they represent significant international painting, sculpture, and print collections.
- Protects works of art from theft, vandalism, and accidental damage.
- Interacts with visitors to give directions, and information, and provides general assistance.
- Assures visitor compliance with Museum regulations as listed in the Gallery Attendant Standard Operating Procedures manual.
- Answers general questions from Museum visitors and refers to questions concerning works of art or museum
exhibitions to the Visitor Information Desk for referral to appropriate Museum staff.
- When assigned to the information desk, greets and counts visitors; checks all packages and umbrellas.
- Assists the Gallery Supervisor in opening and closing the Museum.
- Assists Gallery Supervisor in managing pantry area.
- Inspects works on view in the assigned area at the beginning and end of each rotation.
- Assists with other Museum activities as assigned
Skills & Requirements
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time, walk, climb stairs, and lift up to 50 lbs.; (must be able to lift a fire extinguisher or small child).
- Should have good verbal communication skills in order to speak to visitors and be understood.
- Must be tactful and polite in dealing with the public.
- Must be presentable at all times through proper grooming and personal hygiene.
- Must be observant in order to detect and report unusual behavior or circumstances.
- Must be alert and able to respond quickly in an emergency.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule.
- Attention to detail when researching and cataloging objects.
- Business and marketing skills.
- Art Inspires Your Visual Imagination.
- Art Depicts Words Used In Visual Ways.
- Art Helps You Make Mental Connections.
- Visiting Art Galleries Makes.
- Art Galleries Are Depositories Of History.
- Art Galleries Exercise Your Ability To Create Meaning.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Auckland Art Gallery Jobs”.