Data Entry Jobs For Government
- Organization Name : Shipping Corporation of India
- Post Name : Data Entry
- Qualification : 12th Pass, Any Graduate
- Industry : Government
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Work Hours : 8 Hours
- Job Experience : Fresher
- Salary : 15000/- To 22000/- Per Month
- Location : Mumbai, Maharashtra, India 400021
Starting out as a marginal Liner shipping Company with just 19 vessels, the SCI has today evolved into the largest Indian shipping Company. The SCI also has substantial interests in various segments of the shipping trade. SCI’s owned fleet includes Bulk carriers, Crude oil tankers, Product tankers, Container vessels, Passenger-cum-Cargo vessels, LPG and Offshore Supply Vessels.
Sailing through for six decades, SCI today has a significant presence on the global maritime map. As the country’s premier shipping line, the SCI owns and operates around one-third of the Indian tonnage, and has operating interests in practically all areas of the shipping business; servicing both national and international trades.
In view of the demand from Indian trade, the SCI has diversified into a large number of areas. The SCI is today the only Indian shipping Company operating: break-bulk services, international container services, liquid/dry bulk services, offshore services, passenger services. In addition, the SCI mans and manages a large number of vessels on behalf of various government departments and organizations.
The SCI has immensely contributed to the growth of India’s EXIM trade and the national exchequer, by being a net earner/saver of valuable foreign exchange. Over the years, SCI has been a lifeline for the country in times of emergency and distress, by ensuring continued and uninterrupted supply of crude oil, which drives the country’s economy.
We are looking for a focused data entry clerk to continuously update our company’s databases. The data entry clerk will liaise with and follow up with employees within the company as well as with customers to collect information. The data entry clerk will capture the data into relevant databases in a timely and accurate manner. You will identify and correct errors, and swiftly bring them to the attention of relevant parties where necessary.
To do well in this job, you should collect information and capture data promptly to ensure the business’ databases are current to accurately reflect its developments, updates and transactions. Top candidates will be focused, diligent, energetic and have good people’s skills.
Data Entry Clerk Responsibilities
- Gathering invoices, statements, reports, personal details, documents and information from employees, other departments and clients.
- Scanning through information to identify pertinent information.
- Correcting errors and organizing the information in a manner that will optimize swift and accurate capturing.
- Creating accurate spreadsheets.
- Entering and updating information into relevant databases.
- Ensuring data is backed up.
- Informing relevant parties regarding errors encountered.
- Storing hard copies of data in an organized manner to optimize retrieval.
- Handling additional duties from time to time.
Data Entry Clerk Requirements
- Good command of English.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office Word and Excel.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to concentrate for lengthy periods and perform accurately with adequate speed.
- Proficient touch typing skills.
Data Entry Clerk Skills
- Proficient typing and transcription.
- Computer and technical skills (including software knowledge)
- Organisational and time management abilities.
- Administrative skills.
- Communication (written and verbal)
- Customer service skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Address : Shipping House, 245, Madame Cama Rd, Nariman Point, Mumbai, Maharashtra 400021
- Phone : 022 2202 6666
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.