HGV Jobs Manchester, Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) drivers transport goods between locations. They move items for suppliers and customers, locally, nationally, and internationally. As a lorry driver, you will spend a lot of time on the road and could be away from home frequently. You’ll plan delivery schedules and ensure that loads are delivered on time to the correct locations.
To become an HGV driver you’ll need to be over 18 years old (for many companies this may rise to over 21, for insurance purposes) and hold a full UK driving license. You can gain the additional qualifications you need by doing specified training courses. Some companies may offer HGV driver training as part of an apprenticeship.
There are many types of HGV Driver jobs, so there is bound to be one that suits your work/life balance. Shift-work can be a good way to fit your job around other commitments. Long haul Drivers usually do fewer drop-offs but drive longer distances, whereas short haul entails more drop-off points within a smaller geographical area. Continental HGV work can take you across Europe to make deliveries, but this can also mean some unsociable hours and nights away from home.
|Hiring Organization||DHL Parcel UK|
|Post Name||HGV Driver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 30982 Per Year|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M1 1AN|
DHL Parcel UK is one of the UK’s leading integrated parcel businesses. As part of the Deutsche Post DHL Group, we have an extensive delivery network that covers the UK and over 220 countries. We are committed to pushing the boundaries of the express parcel delivery markets and aim to be the first choice for customers.
UK Mail, a trading name of DHL Parcel UK Limited and formerly known as Business Post, is a postal service company operating in the United Kingdom, which has competed with Royal Mail in the collection and distribution of mail, since the deregulation of the postal service in January.
Our attributes are the lifeblood of everything we do. We are looking for people to join us, who have a ‘Passion’ to deliver with a happy heart, energy, and commitment. We want our people to work ‘As One team across all areas of the business with a ‘Can Do’ mindset and commitment to deliver the ‘Right 1st Time’ for all of our customers.
- Carrying out multiple pick-ups and drop-offs in each shift.
- Overseeing and assisting with loading and unloading.
- Updating delivery paperwork, logbooks, and tracking mileage.
- Complying with all relevant driving regulations and rules.
- Staying informed on road closers, diversions, and traffic jams.
- Reporting any delays or accidents.
Skills & Requirements
- Customer service and administration skills
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Able to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
- Able to operate and control equipment
- Freedom. For some people, a desk-based job just doesn’t appeal.
- Salary. For those that enjoy driving, being an HGV Driver is a great way to earn a good living from something that they enjoy.
- Recognizing the Importance of Drivers.
- Potential for high earnings
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “HGV Jobs Manchester“.