HGV Jobs Manchester, Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) drivers transport goods between locations. They move items for suppliers and customers, locally, nationally, and internationally. As a lorry driver, you will spend a lot of time on the road and could be away from home frequently.
You’ll plan delivery schedules and ensure that loads are delivered on time to the correct locations. To become an HGV driver you’ll need to be over 18 years old (for many companies this may rise to over 21, for insurance purposes) and hold a full UK driving license.
You can gain the additional qualifications you need by doing specified training courses. Some companies may offer HGV driver training as part of an apprenticeship. If you have experience as a light goods driver you may find an employer who will help you get your HGV license.
|Hiring Organization||DHL Parcel UK ServicePoint|
|Post Name||HGV Driver|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 10 To GBP 15 Per Hour|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M1 4AJ|
DHL Parcel UK offers a cost-effective and convenient alternative to the Post Office for personal senders and small businesses. So whether you are sending a gift to a loved one or have sold something online, we offer a quick and flexible sending service that fits your busy lifestyle.
You can now drop off your parcel at any of our 3,500 DHL Parcel UK ServicePoints for £7.89 (inc VAT). Our service points are located in local convenience stores and most of us live within 10 minutes of one. Shops are typically open from 8 am until late, 7 days a week so you can drop off at a time which is convenient for you.
With current government advice to stay at home, we can help you stay close to your loved ones from a safe distance. If you need to send a parcel, gift, or care package to a loved one, we’ll collect and deliver your parcel contact-free from your door to theirs. If this is the first time you’ve sent a parcel with us, we’ll even give you 20% off your delivery – simply enter the code: DHL20 at checkout.
- Operating commercial vehicles up to and over 7.5 tonnes, including rigid trucks, articulated lorries, tankers, transporters, and trailer wagons
- Driving long or short distances
- Planning delivery schedules and routes with transport managers
- Supervising or helping to load and unload goods
- Lifting and carrying goods
- Making sure loads are safely secured
- Following traffic reports and adapting routes if necessary
- Completing delivery paperwork
- Keeping up-to-date logbooks
- Carrying out basic routine maintenance, such as oil, tire, and brake checks
- Working from a vehicle and driving long distances in a cramped space
- Spending nights away from home during long-haul deliveries.
Skills & Requirements
- Customer service and administration skills
- Be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Able to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- Able to use a computer and the main software packages competently
- Able to operate and control equipment
- A Constantly Growing Industry. The demand for logistics and transportation has been increasing over the years, and it’s not going to stop anytime soon.
- Stability & Security.
- Career Progression & Development.
- Unlike Any Other Job.
- Variety & Diversity
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “HGV Jobs Manchester”.