Jobs in Calgary Public Library, We are looking for highly organized candidates with excellent interpersonal skills for the position of library assistant. Library assistants are responsible for sorting and shelving books according to their categorization.
Assisting customers with internet access, and ensuring their technical needs are met. They also manage inquiries over the counter, via email or telephone, among other duties. Furthermore, library assistants need to attend to any disruptions or disturbances in the library, requiring confidence and excellent communicative skill.
Library assistants aid librarians in the management and operation of a library. Their primary duties include helping customers locate books, checking books in and out at the front desk, and shelving books according to their categorization.
|Hiring Organization||Shawnessy Library|
|Post Name||Library Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 25 Per Hour|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2Y 4H3|
Library staff helps us take public library services to new levels of excellence.
- Helping customers locate books.
- Helping customers find material online.
- Checking books in and out at the front desk.
- Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization.
- Register new customers and maintain and update customer profiles.
- Maintaining records of books taken out and books brought back.
- Cataloging new arrivals.
- Assisting customers with internet access and ensuring their technical needs are met.
Skills & Requirements
- Some experience in a customer service role.
- Basic computer literacy.
- Outstanding organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and good problem-solving ability.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Contact with books.
- Every day is different during work in the library.
- Activities to encourage reading in the library.
- Working hours in the library.
- Social skills.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the Safety Tips properly before applying for Jobs in Calgary Public Library.