|Post Name||Terminal Operator|
|Qualification||A high school diploma or equivalent is required|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 25 To CAD 27 Per Hour|
|Location||Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada B0J 3A0|
As the Terminal Operator with Imperial’s Canada Fuels Organization, you can expect a dynamic and exciting role. Your main responsibilities will include completing daily site verification and compliance tasks.
Interacting with our driver community and carrier companies; completing site qualification tests; safely and efficiently unloading marine vessels and transferring products; supporting ongoing site maintenance.
Miscellaneous tasks, and repair activities; overseeing and supporting contractors on site and site project work; and maintaining effective, reliable, and efficient operation while ensuring all work is done safely according to the Imperial’s policies.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Other trade certifications and/or qualifications may be an asset
- This position is designated as Safety Sensitive under the company’s Alcohol & Drug policy and will require a successful pre-employment certification process
- A valid class 5 driver’s license and a safe driving record are required.
- A company committed to career growth – we recruit those who are interested in a career with Imperial and prefer to develop and promote people from within. Our career management process means that you will likely perform a number of unique, challenging roles during your career.
- Successful networking and mentoring programs – enable you to spend time with managers from across the organization to learn about other departments and opportunities. Also allows you to connect with peers at a similar experience level.
- Commitment to safety, ethics & continuous improvement – these standards are the reason Imperial is an industry leader. You will work for a company that upholds safety and ethics ideals and continues to seek out ways to improve.
- Exceptional benefits program – includes competitive savings, retirement, and healthcare plans that you can customize to meet your individual needs. A comprehensive relocation package is provided if required. Educational and physical fitness financial assistance programs round out our benefits package.
- Continuous learning environment – encourages you to augment your skills and capabilities.
- If you are talented, driven, and want to make meaningful contributions that really impact environmental, safety, and bottom-line objectives, then you owe it to yourself to apply with Imperial.
- Early Professional Development Program – provides you with the opportunity to specialize in a specific area of expertise or develop skills in a variety of different areas. You will quickly be given large areas of responsibility and will be encouraged to take on stretch assignments as you progress.
- Competitive vacation and earned days off (EDO) package – provides you with three weeks of vacation (the first year is pro-rated based on your hiring date). In addition, under our EDO program, employees take off one scheduled Friday per month and up to two floating EDO days (depending on work location and start date during the year) annually for use at your discretion with approval.
Who we are
A leading member of Canada’s energy industry, Imperial offers exciting opportunities across our upstream, downstream and chemical, and corporate divisions. We are committed to high standards.
Applying technology and innovation, and working with communities and our Indigenous neighbors to meet rising energy demands in a safe, reliable, and environmentally sound manner.
Imperial is committed to supporting persons with disabilities throughout the recruitment process. We will work with qualified applicants to provide reasonable accommodation upon request at Imperial.firstname.lastname@example.org
- For applicants selected to be interviewed, pre-employment background screening will be required.
- We thank all those who apply; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Eligibility To Work in Canada
All applicants who receive an offer of employment must be eligible to work in Canada on a regular full-time basis without restrictions on their start date. Proof of eligibility shall be in the form of a Canadian birth certificate or a Canadian passport.
Canadian citizenship certificate, Canadian certificate of permanent residence, Canadian open work permit, or receipt from Immigration Canada of an application for a post-graduate work permit.
Proof of eligibility must be current and valid (not expired, canceled, or voided). Proof of eligibility will be required if an offer of employment is made. Failure to provide proof of eligibility at least six (6) weeks prior to the start date may result in the offer of employment being rescinded.
Imperial is committed to providing equitable treatment and equal opportunity to all individuals. In certain situations, Imperial may use your application to consider your suitability.
For other positions in the company and may also provide the information to its affiliates, including affiliates of Exxon Mobil Corporation, in connection with possible opportunities at those affiliates.