Trade Director GCC– Outbound
- Company Name : DHL
- Qualification : Any Graduate, Post Graduate
- Industry : The Logistics Industry
- Employment Type : Full Time
- Work Hours : 8 Hours
- Job Experience : Fresher
- Job Location Type: Work From Home
- Salary : AED 20000 To AED 24000 Per Month
- Location : Dubai, United Arab Emirates 00000
When Adrian Dalsey, Larry Hillblom and Robert Lynn founded DHL in 1969, they didn’t know they would revolutionize the world of logistics. Today, DHL is the world’s leading logistics company.
Our 400,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help you cross borders, reach new markets and grow your business. Or simply send a letter to your loved ones.
Today, DHL is the world’s leading logistics company. Our 400,000 people in over 220 countries and territories work every day to help you cross borders, reach new markets and grow your business. Or simply send a letter to your loved ones.
IN THIS JOB YOU WILL BE
Executing the global carrier strategy: volume steering, carrier shifting, monitoring of carrier’s performance, monitoring of core carrier adherence and carrier budget adherence in order for the CTs to grow and reach budget and in order to maximize the incentives with the carriers;
Negotiating and setting up rates and terms with carriers (different validities and different rate/contract models = FAK, Baskets, NACs, commodity rates);Involved in the administration of carrier rate sheets in coordination with Admin Team/GSC ;
Involved in negotiation of “hinterland agreements” = pick-up and drop-off conditions as well as demurrage/detention free times (for FAK cargo and for named accounts); Doing pricing for potential new and existing business in coordination with GBT, CT OCC and ROCC – which also involves risk taking, risk assessment and taking commercial decisions;
Contributing in the development of index based pricing/rate mechanisms; Involved in allocation management and negotiation – to ensure space availability according to seasonality and set budgets/local requirements;
Taking ownership/sponsorship for selected large named accounts (including customer visits); Sharing market intelligence with the CTs= informing about rate developments, change of surcharges, service coverage of carriers, capacity developments, industry trends;
The interface to ROCC, CT OCC, Regional Product Heads, and to local/regional/global carrier contacts/partners; Acting as escalation level for CTs and doing all kinds of trouble shooting for carrier related topics and issues; Meetings with CTs (physical and by phone) and customers – ongoing and whenever needed;
YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING QUALITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree in Logistics, Business Engineering, Business Administration or relevant field;
- Solid knowledge of transport and forwarding products, services and applications;
- Strategic thinking and challenging of the status quo, including improvement ideas;
- Process driven, methodical and keen eye for details in relation to systems capabilities;
- Ability to build and sustain effective relationships with suppliers, customers and colleagues;
- Leadership skills to foster an environment for learning, growth and development;
- Strong negotiation skills, communication and customer / project / change management;
- Fluent in English (verbally and in writing), other languages are advantageous.
YOU’LL BE REWARDED IN MANY WAYS, SUCH AS
- Unique international strong brand spirit of DHL
- Strong team with interaction with people from all over the world
- Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasionally working from home upon agreement
- Possible further career development
- Competitive salary
Why join DHL Global Forwarding
We are part of Deutsche Post DHL, the world’s leading logistics provider with operations in over 220 countries. Visit our career site on the web at https://www.logistics.dhl/us-en/home/careers.html
Our TOP EMPLOYER prestigious certification attests to our best-in-class efforts to attract and retain talent by fostering a positive work environment and encouraging personal and professional development among employees. The development of talented women in our organization will be a focus for us and an important part of our DGF Strategy 2025.
More Category Wise Jobs:
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.