Principal Production Engineer
|Hiring Organization||Oman Oil Refineries and Petroleum Industries Company|
|Post Name||Principal Production Engineer|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent Master’s degree (preferred)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||OMR 1610 To OMR 2000 Per Month|
To provide robust Production Engineering duties to the Exploration and Subsurface development in areas of good planning and design & completion, well performance, and to participate in field development plan when required.
Work with a multi-disciplinary team to apply production engineering practices to well & reservoir management, well design and completion, and IPM. The position will act in accordance with the Group’s Mission, Vision, Values & Strategies.
As well as, policies, guidelines, and standards, supported by an IT Technology platform, HSE standards, Omani’s government & other legal justifications, and the best international practices in consonance with national objectives.
Main Tasks And Responsibilities
- Mainly responsible for exploration/appraisal well design, planning, material selection, and well stimulation design using engineering tools and providing PE inputs to business planning and well proposals.
- Direct responsibility for a range of activities, including: well design, Frac jobs design, artificial lift selection and design (mainly ESPs), completion and workover designs and execution developing well intervention proposals, wells stimulation design, and execution.
- Liaise with good services, production operation teams, and contractors by conducting appropriate testing and execution programs.
- Work closely with Reservoir Engineers and Geologists to maximize the value of assigned assets.
- Participate in the preparation of development plans and optimization studies to ensure project value is maximized.
- Evaluate well/reservoir performance and recommend production improvement opportunities.
- Optimize wells production through daily good surveillance monitoring and troubleshooting of well performance issues.
- Analyze and interpret information from the field using available engineering tools for making recommendations aiming at optimizing production and supporting field development
- Contribute to production planning and reservoir surveillance planning as required
- Direct responsibility for monitoring wells failure rates and conducting the required RCFA recommending solutions to reduce such rates.
- Coach and mentor early career professional
- Bachelor’s degree in Petroleum Engineering or equivalent Master’s degree (preferred)
Background and experience
- Experience in well & reservoir management, production operations, and completion procedures
- Experience in working with a multi-disciplinary team
- Experience in using the PETEX IPM suite of tools is an advantage
- Experience in tight gas reservoirs
Competencies And Skills
- Must be able to work under pressure and provide input in short project timelines
- Possess organizational skills
- Good presentation and communication skills, written and verbal
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task while maintaining priorities
- Computer Literacy including MS Office
- Project Management skills
- Leading multidisciplinary integrated teams and contributing to exploration opportunity risking and ranking.
- Has participated or contributed to technical reviews, audits, and preparation of Field Development Plans