Social Worker Apprentice
|Hiring Organization||Warrington Borough Council|
|Post Name||Social Worker Apprentice|
|Qualification||You will undertake the taught element of your degree apprenticeship via the University of Central Lancashire|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 23953 To GBP 27514 Per Year|
|Location||Warrington, England, United Kingdom WA1 1AG|
We have opportunities in our assessment and care management teams (based at 1 Time Square in the center of Warrington) as well as our intermediate care team (based at Irwell Road in the south of the town). You will undertake the taught element of your degree apprenticeship via the University of Central Lancashire, via a combination of online and in-person learning.
What we are looking for:
You will already have significant experience in social care or a related field. You will be skilled in building relationships with adults of all ages who have care and support needs and their carers.
You will have excellent communication skills and will be able to work in a way that supports people to identify what is working for them and to use their strengths and assets. You will have the aptitude to develop skills in assessing needs and risks, as well as planning to achieve the person’s agreed outcomes.
You will be able to work flexibly and effectively with a range of statutory and community organizations. You will also have good time management and organizational skills. This is what adult social care staff have said about us in recent surveys:
“The team and peer support is second to none”
“At WBC we care about our Service users and each other”
“If Social work is a field you wish to enter, this is by far the best pathway. You are able to learn and educate yourself, while also putting into practice what you learn” (Jen – social work apprentice)
What we will offer you:
- A supportive workplace for you to grow and develop your career
- A team environment focused on making a difference and working hard to enable people to live their lives as independently as possible
- A funded place on the 3-year social work degree apprenticeship program, starting in January
- A permanent role (subject to your successful completion of the apprenticeship)
- Full induction and introduction to your role
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- Regular monthly reflective supervision
- Support and guidance from a work-based mentor
Other benefits include:
- Local Government Pension Scheme
- Subsidized parking, an essential car user allowance, and a mileage package.
- Support to save money; stay healthy; progress in your career; travel affordably to work, and ensure a work-life balance
- Access to our Employee Support Service
- Agile working opportunities
- For more information contact: Tom Woods, Professional, and Workforce Development Officer
We look forward to receiving your application. The ability to converse at ease with customers and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential for the post. Warrington Borough Council is a Disability Confident employer