Journalism Jobs Montreal, We are on the lookout for a passionate journalist to join our newsroom department. In addition to being a natural storyteller, the successful applicant must be able to demonstrate an ability to write investigative articles, feature stories, and analytical pieces.
The top candidate for this job should possess talent and enthusiasm for digging out the real story and uncovering the truth. To excel in this role, you should be friendly, self-motivated, and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
A Journalist, or Reporter, is responsible for researching and writing informational news articles and stories about real events using a fair and unbiased perspective. Their duties include interviewing experts, gathering first-hand accounts of events, and organizing an outline into a cohesive, interesting story.
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or a relevant field.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 25 To CAD 28 Per Hour|
|Location||Montreal, Québec, Canada H3C 4M8|
Pierre Péladeau had no thought of going into publishing. But through a fortuitous combination of circumstances, Raymonde Chopin, his girlfriend and later his wife, told him that Le Journal de Rosemont, a small struggling neighborhood weekly, was for sale.
With nary a penny to his name, Pierre Péladeau decided to borrow $1,500 from his mother Elmire to buy his first newspaper. To revive the publication, he launched the “Miss Rosemont” beauty contest, which was an immediate success.
Looking to start a daily, Pierre Péladeau took advantage of a strike at the newspaper La Presse to launch Le Journal de Montréal in the space of a weekend. The first issue hit the stands.
It was the first new daily to appear on Québec newsstands in over 30 years. Within a few days, circulation was averaging 80,000 copies. But then the labor dispute at La Presse ended and the Journal’s circulation plummeted to 10,000 copies a day. The paper started losing money.
- Assessing leads and pitching captivating story ideas to editors.
- Ensuring that you meet all regular and recurring deadlines.
- Reviewing and editing work for editorial approval.
- Use all your findings to prepare clean, concise, and factual articles.
- Adhering to the ethical code of the profession.
- Keeping records of all notes, interviews, and audio files.
- Creating trustworthy relationships with contacts and sources for use in future research.
- Keeping up-to-date on the latest news developments by attending events, studying different papers, opinion pieces, and social media.
- Collecting, verifying, and deciphering data.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, English, or a relevant field.
- Minimum of 2 years of working experience as a journalist or reporter.
- Capable of maintaining an ethical and objective standard in reporting.
- Ability to meet deadlines and accurately fact-check information.
- Excellent observation and judgment skills.
- Superb communication and networking skills, along with an aptitude to effectively extract information.
- You get to learn for a living.
- You work on challenging and exciting projects.
- You work among passionate, informed people.
- You feel a strong sense of achievement.
- You get to travel.
- You get to meet a lot of interesting people.
- You become an expert in your community.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Journalism Jobs Montreal”.