Library Jobs London, A librarian is in charge of collecting, organizing, and issuing library resources such as books, films, and audio files. They work in a range of settings including public libraries, schools, and museums.
Their duties include issuing resources, cataloging books, and conducting regular audits. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated Librarian to join our team. As a librarian, you will perform a range of duties such as cataloging library resources, maintaining library records, managing budgets, and planning book sales.
|Hiring Organization||Wellcome Trust|
|Qualification||High school diploma or equivalent qualification. Bachelor’s degree in Library Science is preferred.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 12 To GBP 15 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom NW1 2BE|
Wellcome is a global charitable foundation established in. Through our work, we support science to solve the urgent health challenges facing everyone. We support curiosity-driven research, and we’re taking on three of the biggest health challenges facing humanity – climate change, infectious disease, and mental health.
With a £38.2 billion investment portfolio, we give researchers the time and resources they need to make breakthroughs. We also work with policymakers, run advocacy campaigns, and form partnerships with other organizations to ensure everyone, everywhere benefits from advances in health science.
We foster collaborative and supportive research environments that give researchers across a range of disciplines – including physical and social sciences, and the humanities – the time and resources they need to be creative and make new discoveries.
- Collecting and cataloging library resources including books, films, and publications.
- Helping people locate reference and leisure reading materials.
- Maintaining library records and ensuring they are up to date.
- Performing regular audits of the information and inventory on file.
- Educating patrons on how to properly search for information using the library databases.
- Managing budgeting, planning, and employee activities.
- Overseeing the check-out process for books and other resource materials.
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification. Bachelor’s degree in Library Science is preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working in a public library.
- Excellent IT skills and knowledge of library databases.
- Outstanding organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Libraries respect history.
- Librarians digitize influential primary sources.
- Librarians are leaders in increasing online access to scholarly information.
- Librarians are publishers.
- Libraries host maker spaces.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Library Jobs London”.