Non Profit Jobs San Antonio, Social workers help clients handle everyday life problems. They often assist clients who have issues caused by neglect, abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
Clinical social workers may also diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional issues. We are looking for a compassionate social worker to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
Cases will be handled by phone or in person. You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
|Hiring Organization||Child Advocates San Antonio|
|Post Name||Social Worker|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 1900 To USD 2000 Per Month|
|Location||San Antonio, Texas, United States 78222|
The mission of Child Advocates San Antonio (CASA) is to recruit, develop and lead highly impactful court-appointed volunteer Advocates who provide constancy and support for children and youth who have experienced abuse and neglect.
We achieve our mission through advocacy for services, supportive connections, and permanency, while emphasizing family reunification when possible. Children come into State care not by their own fault but because of the acts and/or negligence of their parents and caregivers.
Through our community volunteers, we provide critical advocacy and services to these vulnerable, at-risk youth, ensuring that their needs and best interests are addressed. No other agency provides this unique, critical service in Bexar County.
Judge Peter Sakai of the 225th District Court emphasized the importance of CASA’s role in saying, “The best way to prevent child abuse is to stop the cycle. Child Advocates San Antonio (CASA) gives these young victims what no agency can…..someone to speak up for them and someone to trust.
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Skills & Requirements
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions, and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver’s license.
- It’s a Growing Field. The field of social work is expanding rapidly
- You May Have Your Student Loans Forgiven.
- You Have a Variety of Opportunities.
- There is Room to Grow.
- You Can Make a Difference.
- You Can Apply Your Core Values to Your Work.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the Safety Tips properly before applying for Non Profit Jobs San Antonio.