Non Profit Jobs San Jose, A counselor is a qualified individual who uses counseling methods to help people manage and overcome mental and emotional issues. Their duties include listening to patients, developing treatment plans, and creating coping strategies. They work in mental health facilities, hospitals, and schools.
We are searching for a skilled counselor to help provide direction and support to all our patients. You will actively help patients build coping mechanisms to guide them through stressful situations. Your duties will also include listening to clients, asking necessary questions, and developing effective strategies to improve their lives.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential, along with the ability to coordinate with support networks, government resources, and community resources that are also working with your patients. The successful candidate will also be friendly and professional, with outstanding people skills.
|Hiring Organization||Seneca Family of Agencies|
|Qualification||12th Pass, Any Graduate|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||USD 19 To USD 22 Per Hour|
|Location||San Jose, California, United States 95112|
Seneca Family of Agencies (formerly Seneca Center) was founded as a small Bay Area residential and day treatment program with a simple but powerful mission: to help children and families through the most difficult times of their lives. Since then, Seneca has expanded to provide a broad continuum of permanency, mental health, education, and juvenile justice services,
Which today reach over 18,000 youth and families throughout California and Washington State each year. The agency’s growth has been guided by a commitment to our Unconditional Care® model – doing whatever it takes to help children and families thrive, even when faced with tremendous challenges.
Seneca’s mission is to help children and families through the most difficult times of their lives. We are driven by the fundamental belief that children and families do not themselves fail, but rather are failed by systems unable to meet their complex needs. Guided by our core agency values of love, compassion, joy, hope, courage, respect and curiosity, Seneca refuses to fail the young people and families we serve.
- Assess patients through detailed conversations, interviews, and observations to determine the appropriate testing or examination.
- Diagnose the patient’s mental and emotional disorders.
- Create effective treatment plans that include counseling, medication, or other services.
- Work with your patient and develop goals.
- Regularly discuss the treatment plan with your patient to identify faults or room for improvement.
- Educate appropriate coping mechanisms to help patients through tough situations.
- Record the patient’s progress and change their treatment plan when needed.
Skills & Requirements
- Superb verbal and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to empathize with clients and help them open up.
- Good time management skills.
- Proven experience in developing effective treatment plans.
- Improved communication and interpersonal skills.
- Greater self-acceptance and self-esteem.
- Ability to change self-defeating behaviors/habits.
- Better expression and management of emotions, including anger.
- Relief from depression, anxiety or other mental health conditions.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the Safety Tips properly before applying for Non Profit Jobs San Jose.