Nurse Practitioner Jobs Toronto, Nurse practitioners (NPs) provide advanced primary and specialty nursing services. Duties include patient health assessment, creating strategies to improve or manage a patient’s health, and introducing habits for health promotion.
nurse practitioner to join our growing team of medical professionals. Your duties will include recording patients’ medical histories, performing physical exams, administering diagnostic tests, and creating patient care plans. You will also administer treatment and observe patients’ functioning over time.
To be successful as a nurse practitioner, you should be empathic but resolute in your decision-making, and attentive to detail. Ultimately, a top-notch nurse practitioner will exhibit cultural competence and exceptional teamwork skills.
|Hiring Organization||Village Family Health Team|
|Post Name||Nurse Practitioner|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 85000 To CAD 90000 Per Year|
|Location||Toronto, Ontario, Canada M6K 3P6|
Village Family Health Team opened in Liberty Village in 2012. As an inter-professional team, family physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, registered dieticians,s and chiropodists work closely together with other health professionals including psychiatrists, chiropractors, physiotherapists, pharmacists,s and optometrists to provide comprehensive primary care.
We provide primary care across the spectrum of ages including the full range of pre-pregnancy, pregnancy, post-partum, and well-baby care. In addition to acute, episodic care, our team actively works with our patients on health promotion, disease prevention, and the management of chronic conditions such as diabetes, mental illness, and hypertension.
Village Family Health Team was initially incubated by the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health; one of our goals is to provide primary care to people with serious mental illness and/or addictions.
- Performing physical exams and patient observations.
- Recording patients’ medical histories and symptoms.
- Creating patient care plans and contributing to existing ones.
- Ordering, administering, and analyzing diagnostic tests.
- Monitoring and operating medical equipment.
- Diagnosing health issues.
- Administering medicine and other treatments.
- Detecting changes in patients’ health and modifying treatment plans, as needed.
- Consulting with healthcare professionals and families.
Skills & Requirements
- RN licensure in the state where employed or a compact party state and board-certified by either ANCC or AANP.
- APN authorization in the state where employed to practice in family health by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Prescriptive authorization.
- Experience providing primary care as a family nurse practitioner.
- Proficiency with medical instruments and equipment required to perform your work.
- Knowledge of computer-based data management programs and information systems, as well as medical records and point-of-interview technology.
- Access to highly qualified healthcare professionals.
- Cost-effective and efficient health service alternatives.
- High levels of patient satisfaction and improved health outcomes.
- Improved access to health care.
- Direction/referral of patients to appropriate healthcare services as required.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the Safety Tips properly before applying for Nurse Practitioner Jobs Toronto.