|Hiring Organization||Bupa Care Homes|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 10 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom N6 5LX|
The Highgate Care Home, 12 Hornsey Lane, Highgate, N6 5LX
It’s the small things that can often make the biggest difference. At Bupa Care Homes, we know it’s our privilege to care for people – supporting them to live with dignity and independence. Right now, we’re looking for a caring and organized individual to join us as a Receptionist at The Highgate Care Home in North London to help us be a positive difference in our residents’ lives.
Working hours and salary
£10.35 per hour
28-hour Rolling week (weekend on weekend off)
Full-time/part-time and bank contracts available.
Flexible working opportunities: From term time only, to set days/hours per week – we can offer a range of shift patterns that best fit around your lifestyle. Just let us know what hours you want, and we’ll work with you to make sure you get the shift patterns that you’re looking for.
What your typical day involves
- Acting as the first point of contact for all visitors to the home
- Providing advice and support both face to face and over the phone
- Supporting the Home Manager and Administrator with clerical duties such as maintaining paperwork and filing
- Dealing with inquiries in a timely manner and ensuring daily and weekly tasks are completed
Who we’re looking for
You’ve worked as a Receptionist before with experience in providing excellent customer service, you’ll have a friendly manner both face to face and over the phone. With full Microsoft knowledge including Excel, customer services, administration, and telephone answering experience. Data entry, bookkeeping, payroll experience, and online purchasing experience.
Working on your own initiative as a team member, communication skills, and punctuality, You’re approachable and organized and have the ability to build strong relationships with our residents, their families, and internal teams. Dedicated and efficient with an ability to handle a varied workload, but importantly, your caring attitude underpins everything you do – to make a real difference in people’s lives.
What’s in it for you?
- Comprehensive induction, ongoing training, and development, access to internal apprenticeship schemes
- Your DBS Check (£44) paid for
- Access to Wagestream – an app-based service that offers you the choice to be in control of when you access your earnings*
- NEST workplace pension, life assurance & bereavement support
- 28 days annual leave (inclusive of statutory bank holidays)
- Hot meal provided (depending on working hours)
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- Uniform provided
- Health & wellbeing tools; including Be Me App, Healthy Minds, Gym Pass & discounted health assessments
- Shopping Discounts (via Xexec)
- A cash plan (after 18 months of service) gives you the ability to claim more everyday items such as dental, optical, and private prescriptions
- Free flu vaccine
*Only available to permanent employees where HealthRoster is used.
Who we are
As a leading healthcare group, we run care homes, retirement villages, health centers, dental centers, and hospitals all over the world. As well as providing insurance to over 16 million people. We’re a big company but no matter what business area you’re in, our purpose is simple – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.
Please note that we are unable to offer Skilled Worker Visa Sponsorship for this role. Therefore, you must ensure that you are eligible to work in the UK without our sponsorship in order for your application to be considered.
Want to know more? Check us out on Facebook and Twitter by searching for Bupa UK Careers. Here you’ll be welcomed. We champion diversity and we understand the importance of our people representing the communities and customers we serve.
You’ll find an inclusive environment where you can be yourself and where everyone is driven by the same purpose – helping people live longer, healthier, happier lives and making a better world.