Customer Service Representative
|Hiring Organization||Torstar Corporation|
|Post Name||Customer Service Representative|
|Qualification||Minimum of High School diploma an asset|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 15 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work From Home|
We are currently seeking an energetic Customer Service Representative. This is a part-time position with our North York/Toronto team working remotely for up to 29 hours per week. The successful candidate must be available for Monday, Friday, and Saturday shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities
- First point of contact answering general telephone and email inquiries, providing solutions in a timely and professional manner
- Provide excellent telephone etiquette in addition to maintaining positive relationships with customers
- Accurately update and verify customer information and manage additional Excel tracking sheets and internal database
- Communicate with managers and colleagues regarding client data and confirmation of information
- As part of this role, you will be required to handle credit card information. Metroland Media is a PCI-compliant company and requires employees in this role to take PCI training to handle cards in a safe and compliant manner
- Complete all duties in accordance with our Health and Safety policies and the Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Minimum of High School diploma an asset
- On-the-job training provided
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Outlook
- Superior customer service and telephone etiquette
- A competent listener and strong administrative skills by accurately updating and maintaining information
- Detail-oriented in a fast-paced team environment with opportunities to build positive team relationships
- Effective communications and interpersonal skills in a team environment and the ability to manage time
- Successfully handle confidential information and use appropriate discretion
- Attractive Health Benefits Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- CAAT Pension Plan
- Remote work
- $15.00 per hour
Torstar Group of Companies is committed to providing an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment process ensuring equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. In compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and Ontario Human Rights Code, we will endeavor to provide.
Accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify the hiring manager upon scheduling the interview of your requirements.
Metroland Media is a dynamic Media Company delivering vital business and community information to millions of readers across Ontario each week. With a healthy product offering in print, online, in trade shows, and in distribution networks, no target is unreachable. We are Ontario’s largest and most successful community news and information source, providing local news and multi-media marketing solutions in Canada’s heartland.
Metroland’s diverse array of online products is visited by over 4 million unique visitors each month and print products are in the hands of more than 4.5 million customers a week. We are continuously bringing new and acquired online products to market to provide our customers with a one-stop, comprehensive marketing solution. To connect with us, visit www.metroland.com
Our Commitment To Diversity
We strive to be a leader in building and cultivating an employee community framed around fairness, support, and opportunity. We believe that what makes us different, makes a difference. And as a team, the diversity of our backgrounds, interests, and experiences is what enriches our work, and our workplaces. We welcome all, and we strive for an inclusive culture that allows individual growth and shared success.