Public Health Jobs in Nigeria, We are looking for a full-time, experienced, and qualified Perioperative Nurse to join our reputable team of professionals to prepare instruments and equipment for surgical procedures.
As well as providing patients with perioperative care in operating rooms, during the procedure, and when in recovery. The ideal candidate is one who is cool-tempered with emotional and physical stamina.
Able to communicate excellently and provide a high level of care under pressure. The successful candidate will report to the Head Nurse and work closely with other medical staff to ensure proper pre-surgical and post-surgical care is provided to patients.
|Hiring Organization||World Health Organization Nigeria|
|Post Name||Perioperative Nurse|
|Qualification||BSc in nursing and a valid license|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||NGN 200000 To NGN 220000 Per Month|
|Location||Lagos, Nigeria 106104|
The WHO Nigeria Country Office works towards the attainment of the highest sustainable level of health for all people living in Nigeria through collaboration with the government and other partners in health development.
The main WHO Country Office is located in Abuja, the Federal Capital Territory (FCT). In addition, WHO has 37 offices in each of the 36 states of the country, and the FCT provides technical support to States and Local Government Areas (LGAs).
This network of WHO Offices has enabled the Organisation to be timely responsive to health needs across the Federation which has also contributed to the improvement of collaboration with partners and other stakeholders.
There has been an increase in the WHO workforce in Nigeria as part of surge support for polio eradication and the concentration of the personnel is predominantly (90%) in the north of the country.
- Prepare and position patients for surgery patients.
- Assist surgeons during surgical procedures.
- Monitor the patient’s vital signs to detect anomalies.
- Evaluate patients in postoperative phases and provide post-surgery care.
- Collaborate with surgical teams and other medical professionals on patient medication and post-surgery care.
- Develop and implement nursing care plans for surgical patients.
- Assist with ordering, maintenance, and safe storage of surgical equipment and supplies.
- Adhere to safety standards and precautions.
- Assume duties within or out of the sterile field as assigned.
Skills & Requirements
- BSc in nursing and a valid license.
- Proven experience as an operating room nurse (circulating and scrub).
- Excellent knowledge of aseptic and sterile techniques.
- Solid understanding of healthcare best practices, patient safety, and precautions.
- Ability to collaborate with surgical teams and healthcare specialists.
- In-depth knowledge of surgical operation procedures.
- Outstanding organizational ability.
- A great team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Cool tempered with emotional and physical stamina.
- Flexible to run a 24-hours shift when required.
- Detail-oriented and able to maintain meticulous records.
- Proficient with medical equipment required to perform nursing work.
- Competitive Pay
- Healthcare coverage
- Paid vacation days
- Work with a team of highly trained international doctors
- Career advancement opportunities
- Located in the heart of town
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Public Health Jobs in Nigeria”.