Production Accounting Jobs Calgary, In pre-production, production accountants help the producers and production managers prepare budgets and estimated final cost reports. During production, they oversee all payments, manage payroll and provide daily or weekly cost reports.
They also produce cost forecasts to evaluate the impact of any production changes. Production accountant provides solutions to less hard problems presented and recommends changes to the accounting system, methods, or procedures to management, utilizing knowledge of accounting principles and practices.
Whereas the Production Accountant takes care of macro-level financials and overall budgets for a production, Assistant Production Accountants take care of micro-level financials such as paying bills and dealing with petty cash accounts.
|Hiring Organization||Vermilion Energy Inc.|
|Post Name||Production Accountant|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree is required and an accounting designation is encouraged|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 4500 To CAD 5500 Per Month|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T2P 0R3|
Vermilion is an international energy producer that seeks to create value through the acquisition, exploration, development, and optimization of producing assets in North America, Europe, and Australia. Our business model emphasizes free cash flow generation and returning capital to investors when economically warranted, augmented by value-adding acquisitions.
Vermilion’s operations are focused on the exploitation of light oil and liquids-rich natural gas conventional resource plays in North America and the exploration and development of conventional natural gas and oil opportunities in Europe and Australia.
Vermilion’s priorities are health and safety, the environment, and profitability, in that order. Nothing is more important to us than the safety of the public and those who work with us, and the protection of our natural surroundings. We have been recognized by leading ESG rating agencies for our transparency on and management of key environmental, social, and governance issues.
- Working with the accounts payable clerk to ensure weekly BACS runs cover all necessary suppliers
- Track ongoing variances to pre-estimates, cost estimates, and actuals
- Analyze and forecast future costs
- Create an annual budget to be used for discussion and analysis
- Create and manage below-the-line journal entries in compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements
- Prepare, analyze and distribute up-to-date job cost reports for digital content productions
- Managing production job inventories
- Analysis and amortization of digital revenue and production cost inventories
- Responsible for up to 3 TV Series
- Updates Costs for Direct-to-Video’s, Commercials, and Misc
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree is required and an accounting designation is encouraged
- Production finance/accounting experience as an asset
- An energetic, resourceful, and hands-on individual with a strong service orientation and a willingness to learn
- A Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of three years of accounting and/or training of related finance experience in the Entertainment Industry (Visual Effects, Film, Games, and/or Interactive Media) are required
- Must be able to track separate parallel projects under one umbrella
- Must have budgeting and estimating experience
- Accountants Have a Better Understanding of Finances.
- The Growing Demand for Accountants.
- Opportunities for Advancement.
- The Pay Range for Accountants is Competitive.
- The Ability to Start Your Own Business.
- Gaining a Better Understanding of Taxation and Business Law.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Production Accounting Jobs Calgary”.