|Hiring Organization||TFPL & Sue Hill Recruitment|
|Post Name||Proof Reader|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 14 Per Hour|
|Job Location Type||Work from home|
About the company
Our client protects the content, product, and interests of the film and television industries are and regarded as the leader in intellectual property protection. They investigate cybercrime, fraud, and other IP crime which meets the needs of governments, law enforcement, and private organizations in mitigating risk and making informed decisions.
They are now seeking a Quality Assurance Analyst – Due Diligence to assist with proofreading and quality assurance for clients’ reports to ensure that the content is grammatically correct, the key points are highlighted and summarised, and the content is accurate and complete.
This role will mainly be a ‘Work from the Home position, but you will be required to attend the office 1-2 days a week
- Ensure the terms of reference and requirements, set by the client, are met in the submitted report.
Apply quality assurance by maintaining:
Consistent style and formatting
- Ensure the report is logical and flows well
- Ensure correct tense
- Evaluate page elements such as images, text spacing, and positioning
- Ensure references are accurate and, where applicable, function (e.g. bookmarks)
- Rephrase written text to ensure document structure and content are consistent
- Ensure illustrations are suitably captioned and referenced
- Ensure all required verifications and submitted information are noted and outlined in the document by cross-referencing the source documents.
- Ensure that the information submitted has been accurately interpreted. This will include analysis of bank statements, translated documents, company formation documentation, etc.
- Ensure that open-source research has been accurately interpreted and conveyed, with adequate references. This will require reading the articles referenced in the footnotes
- Ensure the report does not introduce bias or opinion of the author
- Ensure that the information is included in the correct section and avoids repetition.
- Ensure there are no irrelevant passages or assessments, or superfluous ‘padding’ of the document
- Liaise with the author, when required, to discuss queries and provide report feedback. Note common and repetitive mistakes.
- Ensure that the report has a concise Executive Summary and informative Threat Matrix that accurately reflects the main threats identified and allows the client to make a well-informed decision.
Why you will be hired
To be considered for this role you will require:
- Proofreading to a very high standard; legal, law enforcement, geo-political, or finance/business background ideal
- Ideally a minimum of five years of experience
- Self-starter with minimal supervision
- Ability to work to strict deadlines
- Experience of law enforcement or other public body criminal investigation background, private criminal investigation experience, or criminal analytical experience advantageous