Social Work Jobs Calgary, Social workers help clients handle everyday life problems. They often assist clients who have issues caused by neglect, abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse. Clinical social workers may also diagnose and treat mental, behavioral, and emotional issues.
|Post Name||Social Worker|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field.|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 15 To CAD 18 Per Hour|
|Location||Calgary, Alberta, Canada T3H 4M3|
At Carewest, we support all clients in maintaining their quality of life as they transition through their health care journey. As the public provider of continuing care specialized services in Calgary, our staff works together to partner with clients, families, and the community to provide:
As Calgary’s largest public care provider of its kind and one of the largest in Canada, Carewest operates 14 locations aimed at helping people live more independent lives. Our spectrum of care is available to adults of all ages and includes long-term care,
Rehabilitation and recovery services, and community programs and services. We pride ourselves on our ability to change with the community’s needs and we do our best to predict what those needs may be in the future.
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions, and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Social Workers Make a Positive Impact.
- Every Day Is Different.
- Many Opportunities for Specialization.
- Flexible Hours.
- Social Work Is a Growing Field.
- Forge a Meaningful Career in Social Work.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Social Work Jobs Calgary”.