Social Work Jobs London, We are looking for a compassionate social worker to help serve the communities that we have a presence in by assisting our clients that are affected by issues such as neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
Cases will be handled by phone or in person. You will be in charge of assessing clients and gathering relevant information about their cases, providing crisis intervention, and contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
A key to succeeding in this role is the ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset. You should also be aware of others’ reactions and understand why they react as they do.
|Hiring Organization||Southwark Council|
|Post Name||Social Worker|
|Qualification||Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 2500 To GBP 3000 Per Month|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom SE1 2QH|
Southwark is an amazingly diverse and vibrant area with a strong sense of community; the estimated population is due to rise by 20% to 360,000 making it one of the most densely populated boroughs in the country. We have a young, diverse, and multi-cultural population with over 120 languages spoken in Southwark.
That ambition is also evident in the Council’s Borough Plan and its vision to deliver a fairer future for all: Southwark has a vibrant mix of culture, food, technology, leisure, and arts on its doorstep. Historically Southwark was the center for entertainment and arts for the city, evident by Shakespeare’s Globe theatre.
The borough is home to the Tate Modern, The Shard, Dulwich Picture House Gallery, and Borough Market, and has recently welcomed one of London’s newest international theatres at One London Bridge. Southwark is a borough that brims with confidence and ambition and this is evident in its residents and communities at large.
- Assisting clients in receiving services by telephone and in person.
- Getting clients involved in beneficial activities.
- Assessing clients and gathering relevant information.
- Offering information and supporting clients and their families.
- Contacting and making referrals to other agencies and services.
- Maintaining accurate records and preparing reports.
- Participating in training, supervision, and meetings.
- Watch for signs of child abuse.
- Provide crisis intervention.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in psychology, social work, or related field.
- Experience working with clients that are affected by issues including neglect, child abuse, domestic violence, mental health, and parental substance abuse.
- Ability to give full attention to what social service clients are saying, understand the points being made, ask questions, and not interrupt inappropriately.
- Awareness of others’ reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Ability to judge the relative costs and benefits of potential social service and health care actions and choose the most appropriate one.
- Comfortable using a computer for various tasks.
- Proficient in word, excel, outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to stay calm and empathize with clients when they are upset.
- Licensed clinical social worker.
- Able to develop a treatment plan.
- Knowledge of crisis intervention.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Social Workers Make a Positive Impact.
- Every Day Is Different.
- Many Opportunities for Specialization.
- Flexible Hours.
- Social Work Is a Growing Field.
- Forge a Meaningful Career in Social Work.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Social Work Jobs London”.