Jobs in Southampton, Also known as store assistants, retail sales assistants, and sales assistants, shop assistants work in the retail industry where they are responsible for serving customers and processing sales transactions.
They also restock shelves, resolve customer complaints, and ensure that the sales floor is well-maintained. We are looking to hire a hard-working, customer-oriented shop assistant to ensure the smooth running of in-store retail operations.
The shop assistant’s responsibilities include welcoming customers to our shop, monitoring customer activities to prevent incidents of shoplifting, arranging window displays accordingly, and processing customer refunds. You should also be able to identify customers’ needs and recommend suitable shop items that best satisfy their needs.
|Post Name||Store Assistant|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 10 Per Hour|
|Location||Southampton, England, United Kingdom SO14 0JZ|
We’re the UK’s 5th largest supermarket chain. We’ve just opened our 950th store and we plan to open a new store each week, on average. (Not to mention our growing global presence.)
But we know our success has only been possible thanks to our amazing Aldi colleagues. That’s why we celebrate everyone’s achievements, offer competitive pay and create great working environments. And that’s how we’ve become a multi-award-winning employer – but it’s the least we can do. We know that our people make Aldi mean even more.
Aldi is a discount retailer with a global presence. We have over 6,520 stores across 11 countries and employ over 155,000 people. And in the UK and Ireland, we have anywhere from 50 to 100 stores in each region. So, we must be doing something right.
- Receiving, processing, and organizing shipments and deliveries accordingly.
- Restocking depleted or low shop items and ensuring that the sales floor is organized according to established guidelines.
- Assisting customers in locating desired shop items.
- Informing customers of shop promotions to encourage purchases.
- Performing regular price audits to identify and correct price discrepancies.
- Performing end-of-day cleaning duties, which include wiping down windows, mirrors, and fixtures as well as sweeping and mopping the shop floor.
Skills & Requirements
- The ability to use labelling and pricing equipment as well as Point of Sale (POS) software.
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- The role you start with is not where you will end your career.
- It’s a job that’s flexible.
- It’s fun and never boring.
- There’s a focus on innovation and technology.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Jobs in Southampton”.