Student and CO-OP: Finance
|Post Name||Student and CO-OP: Finance|
|Qualification||Undergraduate degree or College Diploma programs include but are not limited to the following areas of study:|
|Employment Type||Part Time|
|Work Hours||4 Hours|
|Salary||CAD 20 To CAD 32 Per Hour|
|Location||Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1J 1B7|
The Canadian Security Intelligence Service (CSIS) is looking for students who thrive on tackling diverse challenges in a unique environment. If you are up for the challenge and want to join one of our highest-performing teams, there is no doubt that your contributions to CSIS will provide a meaningful impact on our mission of helping keep Canadians safe against national security threats.
The Service is building a workforce that is representative of Canadian society and fosters diversity and inclusion. Also, it is dedicated to establishing positive policies and practices related to hiring, training, promoting, and retaining designated group members ensuring that the employment-related needs of all persons are reasonably accommodated.
CSIS offers opportunities for students to gain valuable experience in business and administration, with the possibility to return for multiple placements in different areas. Students will be given the opportunity to cultivate their skills and knowledge by being paired with experienced employees who will provide feedback during the work term. They will have the opportunity to broaden their knowledge and experience before choosing a career specialization.
The system will allow you to select only one location of work. If you are interested to be considered for various locations of work as mentioned above, please highlight, in your cover letter, the additional locations you would like to apply to.
Students will assist with the following:
- Verify expense claims.
- Provide advice on travel, hospitality, conferences, memberships, and Foreign Service expenses.
- Administer section 33 of the Financial Administration Act (FAA).
- Reconcile financial data.
- Produce financial reports.
- Maintain financial system.
- Monitor financial activities & perform trend/variance analysis.
- Prepare branch specimen signature cards.
- Interpret/apply policies/authorities in consultation with corporate policy centers.
- Monitor financial system allocations and coordinate the movement of funds.
- Undergraduate degree or College Diploma programs include but are not limited to the following areas of study:
- Business Administration
Candidates with experience in the following are preferable:
- Advice to clients, managers, and/or employees.
- Use of a financial system.
- Use of EXCEL (tables, pivot tables, graphs, and charts).
- Applying financial policies.
- Performing accounting operations.
- Client Service
Conditions of Employment
Applicants must be registered as full-time, post-secondary students in an accredited academic institution recognized in Canada. Priority consideration will be given to those enrolled in an accredited co-op/internship program.
How to submit an application:
Applicants MUST include the following information in their cover letter in order to be given further consideration:
- Location of interest:
- Indicate your desired location of work if applicable.
- Travel costs and benefits may apply. Further information will be disclosed during the interview process.
- Job Category: Applying for a co-op placement, internship (specific to current program enrollment), or student job.
- Availability: What is the length of your term (4, 8, 12, or 16 months)?
- Studies: What is your current year of study and your expected graduation date?
- Tips for your Cover Letter and Resume:
- Tell us your story: why do you want to work for CSIS?
- Work objectives.
- Technical abilities (where applicable).
- Volunteer or work Experience (where applicable).
- Projects (where applicable).
- Second language evaluation tests might be administered.
- At CSIS, we are not looking to simply fill student placement positions every four months. Our program is designed to identify and develop potential full-time employees.
- Candidates are asked to apply only once, due to the high volume of applications received.
- Failure to provide the requested information may result in the rejection of your application.
- While we continue to explore opportunities for flexible work arrangements, the majority of work in our organization must be done in the office and cannot be performed at home.