Train Driver Jobs London, We are looking to employ a dedicated and experienced train conductor to lead our onboard support staff and ensure that all safety regulations are adhered to. The train conductor’s responsibilities include assisting passengers to board the train as required,
Answered passengers’ travel-related questions, as well as preparing reports on irregular train activities, accidents, and unscheduled stops. You should also be able to help passengers evacuate the train in the event of an emergency.
To be successful as a train conductor, you should be observant, alert, and adept at handling passengers’ concerns. Ultimately, an outstanding train conductor should be able to communicate effectively with crew members and passengers as well as demonstrate excellent problem-solving and customer service skills.
|Hiring Organization||GB Railfreight Limited|
|Post Name||Train Driver|
|Qualification||High school diploma or GED.|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 35 To GBP 40 Per Hour|
|Location||London, England, United Kingdom EC2M 1RX|
Efficient transport for Britain’s critical industries. The story of rail freight since privatization is one of great success and no company in the industry embodies that more than GB Railfreight.
GBRf’s team of 900 people operates over 1,400 trainloads a week, moving 22% of Britain’s rail freight with 99% reliability. GBRf’s Train Managers are in charge of our fleet of 149 locomotives and over 1,400 wagons, transporting goods for customers including Drax, Network Rail, EDF Energy, MSC UK, Aggregate Industries, Crossrail, and Tarmac.
GBRf’s specialist teams design transport answers for companies working in intermodal, biomass, infrastructure, petrochemical, construction, and coal.
- Separating or adding additional train cars as directed.
- Notifying the Locomotive Engineer of when to depart from the station, stop, or slow down using the onboard intercom system or hand signals.
- Verifying that all passengers have tickets to board the train and receiving payments from passengers who wish to purchase tickets.
- Collaborating with Railroad Engineers, Yardmasters, and onboard staff to coordinate daily activities, which include task delegation and employee training.
- Using the public address system to notify passengers of any conditions that may affect scheduled travel times.
- Monitoring onboard activities to maintain order and control.
- Take note of and report any problems with the interior of the train that may affect passengers’ safety and comfort.
- Supervising the boarding and exiting of passengers onto and off the train.
- Assisting passengers in locating onboard bathroom facilities.
Skills & Requirements
- High school diploma or GED.
- Certified as a train conductor by the Federal Railroad Administration (FRA).
- Proven experience working as a train conductor.
- Sound knowledge of railway procedures.
- The ability to stand for extended periods.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Good hand-eye coordination and hearing.
- On passenger trains, conductors are responsible for maintaining a safe and orderly environment for passengers.
- This includes taking tickets, sometimes accepting payment from passengers who did not purchase tickets in advance, assisting passengers when necessary, and alerting passengers to upcoming and scheduled stops
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Beware of Career Consulting scams and Recruiting scams. If any HR is asking for money and assuring you to get a job then we will suggest not to go with that instead move out and look for another company job.
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Train Driver Jobs London”.