Indeed Jobs Manchester, We are looking to hire an underwriter with specialized knowledge in risk assessment. Underwriters are expected to have meticulous attention to detail, good negotiating skills, and work according to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
To ensure success, underwriters should be analytical and exceptional communicators with brilliant research and classification skills. Top candidates will be experts in risk analysis and selection with remarkable decision-making skills, a deep understanding of retention and reinsurance, and sound judgment.
Underwriters are financial specialists who work in the banking and insurance industries, and stock markets. They evaluate, research, and undertake a client’s risk for a fee such as a commission, premium, or interest.
|Qualification||Degree in finance or business administration (essential)|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 2000 To GBP 2200 Per Month|
|Location||Manchester, England, United Kingdom M2 3RS|
With over 300 years experience, we’ve learned a thing or two about risk and uncertainty and the value of insurance to our customers. As the world evolves so do the needs of those we serve, and we must respond with an agile yet resilient business that always strives to do better
We are one of the world’s oldest general insurers, providing peace of mind to individuals and protecting small businesses and large organizations from uncertainty. We use our capabilities to anticipate and exceed customer expectations and improve outcomes for customers via our direct channel.
We have established businesses in the UK, Ireland continental Europe, and the Middle East. The former RSA Group Plc came under new ownership and this website reflects the UK & International business which is now a wholly-owned subsidiary of Intact Financial Corporation.
- Collect appropriate and accurate information required to assess potential clients and decide on the acceptable risk for a policy.
- Review policy applications based on previous loss records, age, medical reports, credit ratings, and driving records.
- Prepare reports that detail risk assessment findings that contribute to the final decision.
- Compare various policies having similar risk undertakings and conduct actuarial studies to decide on the company’s loss records.
- Evaluate policies with regard to the company’s underwriting standards.
- Make a decision to accept, modify or reject an insurance application after scrutiny of all the required documents and studies regarding the risk involved.
- Analyze statistical data using specialized computer programs.
- Write quotes, determine premiums and coverage, and negotiate terms with brokers and clients.
Skills & Requirements
- Degree in finance or business administration (essential).
- 2 years of experience as an Underwriter (essential).
- Analytical thinker with research proficiencies.
- Ability to use reasonable and sound judgment.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Thorough knowledge of databases and tracking systems.
- Solid organizational skills and detail-oriented.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Brilliant IT, math, and statistical skills.
- Deep knowledge of underwriting regulations.
- Retirement plans.
- Paid sick leave.
- Flexible work hours.
- Remote work options.
- Wellness programs.
- Student loan repayment.
More Category Wise Jobs :
- onlinejobfromhome does not promise a job or an interview in exchange for money
- Research the job and the company details on the internet before you apply for any job
- Note: There are no shortcuts to success in a career you should struggle a lot to
- Read the safety tips properly before applying for “Indeed Jobs Manchester”.