Senior Automation Engineer
|Post Name||Senior Automation Engineer|
|Qualification||Computer Science or other appropriate STEM Degree|
|Employment Type||Full Time|
|Work Hours||8 Hours|
|Salary||GBP 42000 To GBP 46000 Per Year|
|Location||Edinburgh, England, United Kingdom EH1 3EG|
SiCiena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world – picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment/business existence REAL.
Ciena’s existing Packet Products portfolio comprises a broad family of products for access and aggregation tiers of the network
Following the completion of our acquisition from AT&T of the Vyatta virtual routing and switching technology, and an associated team of routing and software experts, we are recruiting to expand and further enhance the Vyatta team with an additional experienced test automation engineer.
As a Senior QA Automation Engineer, you will be the lead in a technical area, helping to shape the testing that is done, whilst also handling your own feature work. Test Automation is a significant part of the role and you will take ownership of aspects of the automation and lead and mentor more junior engineers in creating their automation.
- Lead the testing for features in specific areas for new networking product work.
- Guide and shape the evolution of the test automation infrastructure.
- Define test plans and execute test cases for features assigned to you, including the creation of regression automation.
- Share in maintaining core test automation with the team.
- Create and own specific areas of customer use-case testing, and customer-reported defects to clarify problem definitions
- object-oriented python and/or pytest experience essential
- knowledge and demonstrated usage of Linux OS essential
- demonstrate an understanding of computer hardware architecture and operating system architecture
- demonstrate significant experience with IP networks, routing protocols, and services
- knowledge and operational use of virtualization would be a positive
- any knowledge of Atlassian toolset, Jenkins, git, and Robot framework would also be good
- ability to analyze and critique software functionality
- can describe visible symptoms of a problem, and propose alternative ways to approach the diagnosis of the underlying issue
- able to lead small teams and work individually
- able to articulate problems found
- inquisitive & conscientious at investigating problems
- Computer Science or other appropriate STEM Degree
- proven track record with software development
- operational network hardware setup and triage
- the experience of cloud networks or network virtualization
- Open Source project contribution
- You must be currently based in the UK and hold a valid permanent work permit for the country
We can offer you an unparalleled opportunity to gain in-depth networking knowledge, working alongside a diverse and industry-leading team of network engineers, building components to support customer network services and our own network infrastructure, including bring-ups on new emerging prototype hardware.
As a new hire, you will have an assigned Mentor and access to excellent opportunities to build your knowledge, skills, and experience and progress forward within the team.
The team is located in the heart of Edinburgh, just a few minutes’ walk from Haymarket station.
At Ciena, we are committed to building and fostering an environment in which our employees feel respected, valued, and heard. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, please advise Ciena of any accommodation measures you may require.